How To Apply - 6 Steps
- Complete and submit required application, supplementary essays, and requests for two letters of reference.
- Submit at least two letters of reference, including at least one from a teacher. The other can be another teacher, or someone else who knows you well.
- Submit official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities you attended as an undergraduate or graduate student
- Submit GRE score (Optional - Institution code 4282)
- Send us your TOEFL or DuoLingo English Test score (for students who speak English as a second language)
- Interview: We’ll reach out to schedule a personal or online video interview
*Please note that while you can submit parts of the application separately, we will only start the admissions review once we've received everything.
Ready to get started? Click on the type of applicant that best represents you and follow the steps provided:
International Student Graduate Application
Acceptance remains provisional until after DRBU has received and favorably reviewed the following:
- Final undergraduate transcript, establishing satisfactory grades through the second semester of the senior year
- Student health and registration forms
Notice - DRBU retains full discretion to withdraw an offer of admission at any time. An offer of admission may be rescinded if the University discovers behavior, past or present, that brings into question an admitted student's honesty, maturity, moral character, or ability to follow the DRBU Student Code of Conduct. See the rescission of admissions policy for further details.
We welcome applicants with a Bachelor's degree in any subject. There are no specific courses required as prerequisites for admission.
Application Fee - There is no application fee to apply to the DRBU MA program
Rolling Admissions - We review applications on a rolling basis.
Application Timeline - You can apply anytime after you have completed your Junior year of college.
Admissions Decision - You will receive your admissions decision in approximately six weeks after all parts of your application have been received. We are currently accepting applications for the Class of 2025 (entering Fall 2023).
Admissions Process - Places are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. The admissions process ends once the entering class is full.
International Applicants - The recommended deadline for international students is Jan 15, 2023 to allow for enough time to apply for student visas.
Graduate applicants are required to have graduated from college by the time they enroll in DRBU. The University may provisionally admit applicants based on their academic preparation through the junior year of college.
Dharma Realm Buddhist University is approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Immigration and Customs Enforcement to admit non-immigrant foreign students. Upon admission to DRBU, each international student will be issued a Form I-20 by a designated school official (DSO) at no cost to the student. After receiving the Form I-20, student may apply at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate for a student (F-1) visa. Students are responsible to pay SEVIS-901 fee and other costs associated with student visa application.
Instruction will occur in the English language. International students must demonstrate English-language proficiency equivalent to achieving the following scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 90 for internet based test (iBT), 577 for paper based test (PBT), and 233 for computer based test (CBT).
DRBU does not accept credits from other institutions because our curriculum is fully integrated and all-required.