Stay up-to-date with DRBU's Newsletter
Announcement: Music Contest for Lotus Sutra
We are excited to announce that the year 2023 marks the third anniversary of IITBT’s new English translation of the Wonderful Dharma Lotus Sutra! This translation has attracted many readers to dive deep into the Buddha’s teachings. To commemorate this occasion, we are in the process of preparing a series of activities, including creating a free audiobook of our publication to share with everyone. Currently, we are looking for volunteer submissions of background music samples to insert into the audiobook. These samples can be any of the following:
1. Original music tailored to certain chapter(s) or specified chapter(s) of the sutra
2. Original music general to the sutra text as a whole
3. Instrumental performance of music in the public domain general to the sutra text or specific to certain chapter(s) of the sutra.
Submissions are not limited to any specific kinds of instruments and can be any style of music.
Everyone who participates in this music contest will be given a free copy of the English publication of the Wonderful Dharma Lotus Sutra, complete with the sutra text and entire forteen-volume commentary by Venerable Master Hua, the founder of DRBU. These are for reference and personal use only; BTTS copyright agreement applies upon receiving the books.
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know how you wish to receive your free copy:
1. Volumes 1 - 14 (commentary, print books or PDF files)
2. Volume 15 (sutra only, print books or PDF files)
3. Volumes 1 - 15 (full set, print books or PDF files)
4. Other: __________________
The categories we are seeking music samples for are the following:
1. A Burning House (Chapter 3)
2. A Poor Son (Chapter 4)
3. Medicinal Herbs (Chapter 5)
4. A Conjured City (Chapter 7)
5. A Priceless Pearl in the Clothes (Chapter 8)
6. Two Buddhas Seated Side by Side (Chapter 11)
7. Dragon Girl Offering a Pearl (Chapter 12)
8. Practices of Peace and Joy (Chapter 14)
9. Bodhisattva Never Slighting (Chapter 20)
10. Bodhisattva Medicine King (Chapter 23)
11. Bodhisattva Wondrous Voice (Chapter 24)
12. Bodhisattva Guan Yin (Chapter 25)
13. General to the sutra as a whole
Each submission should be at least 2 minutes and 30 seconds long and no more than 5 minutes. Winners will have a chance to perform the music live at the Infinite Light Winter Recital in 2023.
If you have a passion for music in any way or simply want to contribute, please submit your work (in MP3 or WAV file formats) following the instructions in the application. Feel free to share this message to friends and others who may be interested as well. The submission deadline is May 31, 2023.
Submitted music not selected for this contest may be considered for use in future projects.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We look forward to hearing and enjoying your submissions!