How to apply
DRBU welcomes and encourages applications from homeschooled students.
Below you will find guidelines to assist homeschool students in the process of applying to DRBU. We encourage you to contact us directly should you have any questions or need further clarification.
You will need to submit:
- Apply via the Common App
- Academic Record
- Please provide a detailed outline of the homeschool curriculum, including subject areas studied, level of instruction, time spent on each discipline, texts read, work produced, and assessment of performance or grade.
- Optional: you may wish to submit a comprehensive list of the books you have read during your high school years outside of the formal homeschool curriculum.
- Two letters of reference
As stated in the application, two letters of reference are required. We require at least one academic reference; if this is not possible, the letters should come from people beyond your household who know you as a student and person, and preferably in a teaching and learning setting.
An additional letter of reference may be written by a non-family member who knows you in a social or extracurricular context (examples are peers, clergy members, employers, and coaches).
- All official high school [and college, if applicable] transcripts, sealed and mailed directly by the school[s] [if applicable]
- SAT or ACT score is highly recommended but not required [Institution code 4282]
- While we do not require standardized test scores of our applicants, we strongly encourage homeschool students to submit scores from the ACT or SAT.
- TOEFL score for students who speak English as a second language
Send your application materials to:
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
Dharma Realm Buddhist University
4951 Bodhi Way, Ukiah, California, 95482
submit via email to: email@example.com
After submitting your application
- Interview: we will follow up to schedule a personal or online video interview
- Financial aid: if you plan to apply for financial aid, submit an financial aid application
- Admissions decision: you will receive your acceptance notification approximately 6 weeks after we receive all parts of the application